Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oral Presentation!

The project has finally come to an end.

With regards to both the proposal and the OP on Tuesday, I must say that my team Techno Edge did a great job. I'm not referring to grades, but to how we managed to work together as a team and come up with work that all of us were happy with, even though we had many differences in opinions.

The OP in particular was a really good experience.

On the day itself, I was quite nervous. But once Neil started to introduce my team and our project, I felt confident and knew we could do it. Thankfully, the entire presentation was smooth and had no major interruptions or anything. (Except for the extremely loud music from the video).

After watching myself on the video, I noticed a few things. I could have spoken a little slower. Maybe this would have helped hide the fact that I memorised a script. I could have had more gestures and as Brad would say, had a more 'open' stance. I also noticed that my dress was a bit short (Not so suitable for a presentation, I think).

What I liked though, was that I looked quite confident, and had a smile throughout the 4 minutes.



Dear classmates, please watch the video on Yong Feng's blog and give me your feedback on my presentation. All constructive critisism is welcome. Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Yes! I agree that you had a smile throughout the 4 minutes!

    This is the first time I'm seeing myself presenting via a video and I think there are many things (good and bad) that I didn't realize I was doing.

    I think the comments/assessment that Brad wrote for each of us was very detailed and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Pavi

    Just watched your presentation again. Here are my records.

    -Good gestures and eye contact
    -Looked confident
    -Clear and accurate pronunciation
    -Proper speed of speaking
    -Persuasive contents
    -Referred to the slides many times when unnecessary, although just a glance
    -Maybe text on slides is a little too much
    -Maybe you can try more interaction with the audience to lead the audience to think

    That's all. Overall, all of you did a good job. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pavi,

    I agree with Liu that you would perform better in your presentation if you would interact with the crowd more often and avoid looking bact at the slides too many times. As for the rest, I think you did a great job.

    Well done, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Pavi, for this clear, concise reflection. I appreciate all your work for this project, of course, and feel that your team's considerable effort was demonstrated in the very fine presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. You did a very good job haha. I love your smiles during the presentation. It showed your strong confidence.

    Yup. I enjoy your group's presentation, especially you :) thanx all your guys works :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pavi,

    You always look confident!Haha...
    You did an excellent job. I have to learnt from you in many aspects with regard to presentation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone,

    Yong Feng, it's my first time watching myself present too! It helped me realise a lot of things about my presentation style.

    Hau! We all learnt many things from each other during the course, right? I'm glad to know you learnt some aspect of presentation from me. :) Although I highly doubt I did an 'excellent' job.
    Haha.

    Thanks to everyone for all the useful comments!
    I appreciate it a lot.

    Pavi :)

    ReplyDelete