Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Final Reflection

It feels like only a week ago that I walked into the first Es2007S lesson. Time flies indeed. I remember clearly how nervous I was, since there was almost no Year 1 students in the class. But everyone was so friendly and nice.

Now we're like one big family.

This module has taught me so many life skills. For first time in all my years of schooling, I've been taught how to communicate effectively.

In particular, I learnt how to communicte with people from different cultural backgrounds, how to write with the 7Cs in mind, and how to ace an interview/presentation. 

The peer teaching was a unique and extremely useful experience. It was not just about presenting content (which we have done many times in school), but teaching it effectively. Peer teaching, together with the oral presentation has definitely made me a better speaker. Also, all the interaction during class has left me with a vast amount of knowledge on how to 'make friends' with people from different places and cultures.

I would like to thank Group 10 for making this an unforgettable semester. Special thanks to Brad, of course.
He was more like a friend than a teacher. If I ever become a teacher in future, Brad, you're my role model.

ES2007S was a lesson I looked forward to every week and enjoyed learning.


And to all my classmates who are going back to their own country-
We only part to meet again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pavi,

    Brad is really different from other teachers I have ever got. You are right to make him your role model. =D

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pavi,

    It was a lesson I looked forward to every week also! :D The lesson was so interesting despite a lot of homework to do.

    Keep in touch :D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pavi,

    I do agree with Edmund's view about Brad, I am pretty much inspired by him too!

    And yeah, the peer-teaching thing is like one special experience that I have yet to encounter before. Btw, your peer-teaching was very effective, I still have it stuck in my head =)

    Anyways, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete