Hello readers,
As I am only in year 1, I am only eligible to apply for a very small number of internships. Among this short list is the MOE teaching internship which is open to all undergrads regardless of the student’s year/course of study. So this is my application letter for the internship.
Block xxx, #02-118
xxx Road,
Singapore xxx
5 September 2010
Dear Sir/Mdm,
MOE TEACHING INTERNSHIP
My name is Pavithra. I am writing to apply for the MOE teaching internship for undergrads. I am a Year 1 Mechanical Engineering student at National University Of Singapore. I would like to take up this internship during my vacation (from xx-xx-2010 to xx-xx-2010).
As I have always been highly passionate about teaching, I have tried to gain as much exposure to the teaching industry as possible so far.
This is probably evident from my enclosed CV. I have worked as a relief teacher in 2 local primary schools over a period of 4 months. I have also worked in various tuition centres during my vacations. Besides working experience, over the period of 2 years in my JC, I was also an active member of my school peer-teaching group. Currently, I am also a part-time tutor teaching JC level economics and Upper Sec level mathematics.
Through the experiences mentioned above, I have gained valuable knowledge on how to interact and communicate effectively with students of different age groups and have developed many innovative teaching techniques.
I plan to pursue my interest in teaching after my degree. Thus this internship would be a great opportunity for me to put my skills into practice and learn more about the teaching system in schools as well.
I have the patience, drive, and commitment to be a great teacher, making me an excellent candidate for this position and genuinely hope that you will consider my application.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Pavithra
Hi Pavi!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very clear application letter. It highlights all the experience that you have had, and how relevant they are to the internship.
I especially like your last paragraph, it gives weight to the letter. =)
Hi Pavi,
ReplyDeleteWow, it's impressive to see that you have so many experiences in teaching even you are a still fresh in university! I think your experiences are the strong points that help you to stand out among all the others appliciants.
However, please allow me to share my little opinions here:
In your 3rd paragraph, maybe you can include some extra information beside those might have been already included in your resume?
And the 4th paragraph, you might want to consider to split the long sentence into two.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks!
Hi Pavi,
ReplyDeleteGood job! I think your application letter has abided by the 7Cs. However, is it necessary to mention your major and the university you are studying in as the they are included in your resume? Meanwhile, should you mention the period of time you will commit to the internship which should have been stated on advertisement? If I am not mistaken, we don't need to write these few points but focus on the skills and reasons you apply for. :D
Hi Pavi,
ReplyDeleteI think this application letter is clear and effective because you highlight your various teaching experiences and they are all very strong points.
This is a good application letter, Pavi. You successfully persuade the readers with the showcase of much experience although you are only in your 1st year. This is a good example of successful 7Cs achieved in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I think you should include your HP and email address in the letter. The sentence "This is probably evident from my enclosed CV" should not be there I think.